+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question for All Tradesmen

Here is the thread started for Residential Building / Remodeling
    http://www.mikeroweworks.com/forums/...2175#post72175

Same links as above - when I finally get a chance to sort through all my links I will update it & let you know.

Default Mcaa

One of my contractor buddies gave me this heads-up for you today, Chuck. Didn't come up in the search. So it might very well be a new addition for the TRC.

Mason Contractors Association of America
    www.masoncontractors.org

Later,
    Jeremy

The Plumbing Council Of Chicagoland
    www.plumbingcouncil.com

Default Hvac/r

www.ACCA.org

Does this count?

Here is a great forum for those involved in home building, remodelling, and repairs. It's a compilation of some of the best craftsmen in the trades with a high degree of quality shown in attachments and pictorial documentation. It's a spin off from the Taunton Press website Fine Homebuilding.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/breaktimeclass

For anybody interested in earning their CDL and driving a big truck, The Trucker's Report is a great resource. I've used it to read reviews of prospective employers and see what their employees are saying. There are a ton of trucking jobs out there, but not every employer is wonderful. It definitely pays to check things out before you sign up. There are also resources for trucking schools, and the forums have a lot of great technical and lifestyle information as well

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/

Some will like it and some won't, but there are a LOT of trades jobs available working for the government. There are many trade jobs available in all areas. I am not an expert with this site as it's kind of new to me too but I will try to help with any questions if I can. I started in marine sheetmetal working for the Navy. Try typing in WG in the search if you don't know what kind of trade you want to look for. That will likely give you more job announcements than you can sort through in one sitting!! WG is short for Wage Grade (blue collar work to be honest). You can also narrow it down by location if you like. Good luck with your search!!

John

Forgot the link!! Here it is.... http://www.usajobs.gov/

I realize this is more schooling related, but the Job Corps Program is an awesome way for someone 16-24 years of age too gain the necessary skills to keep America going. www.jobcorps.org This program is run by the Department of Labor and not all centers are run by the USDOL. Some, like Tongue Point (where I attended) are run by MTC (Management and Training Corporation) or other companies. There also centers run by the US Forest Service. I graduated with a landscape technician certification, though there is also Cement Masonry, Carpentry, Glazing, Welding, Nursing, office trades and MUCH more. The program also helps with Job Placement and relocation if needed. I know Mike touched on the Education gap, and Job Corps isn't mentioned much, but it is there and available to anyone that can't afford to go to college, you can also attain your HS diploma or GED at most centers. Oh yeah, they offer at most centers the ability to attend a two year college in the area.

I am a graduate of Job Corps and a former employee of said program. I enjoyed my time as a student and the skills I learned have come in very handy over the years.

Like I said, not exactly what you are looking for, but worth a look.

also, for employment in Washington state: www.worksource.wa.gov

www.ase.com (automotive service excellence) I am ASE P2 certified (parts techician) and HVAC recovery and recycling certified.

I'm gonna add a couple things here from my last post...

www.kellyservices.com (my employer) Disclaimer: I am NOT being paid to put this up. Just giving this as a reference.
    www.manpower.com
    www.careeronestop.org
    www.monster.com
    www.laborready.com

Here's one for the electrical side of things.

http://forums.mikeholt.com/

Mike Holt is a national tech teacher and his forum gives everything from suggestions to training (also local contractor referrals).
    JAY

+ Reply to Thread