+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Feedback - issues with the website

Default Feedback - issues with the website

Please let us know if you have problems with the website in this thread.

Compliments are welcome too!
    Last edited by ModSammy; 08-03-2009 at 03:21 PM.

To post in the Room Reserved for the Trades we need to sign you up as a tradesman. If you are in the trades please PM me or ModSammy and tell us what trade you are in and we will get you fixed up to post and that forum.

Thank you!
    ModShari
    Last edited by ModShari; 11-02-2010 at 01:59 PM.

If you need to contact mikeroweWORKS you can email info@mikeroweWORKS.com

If you have a question about the website please feel free to contact myself or ModSammy.

Welcome to mikeroweWORKS!
    ModShari
    Last edited by ModShari; 11-02-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Ask A General Question In the Water Cooler in Tool Shed is not working at this time. If you would like to ask a tradesman a question you can go HERE and click on a tradesman name then post a question. You can also ask a question here in the Water Cooler in the mrW Tradesmen Q&A
    Welcome to mrW!
    Last edited by ModShari; 11-02-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Default To Make Sure Everyone Knows

Hi Mike,
    I have a complaint, a question, and a suggestion. I like to spend time by the mrW Water Cooler reading through threads and posting when the mood hits. I know I donít contribute a lot to the conversations by way of intellectual or even logical thought most of the time. So I basically read. I guess I feel that reading and learning is my way of contributing. I do however have a teensy complaint. As you know some of those threads get darn long. When I am on the last post at the bottom of the page, or done with the thread entirely, instead of being able to click on a link back to the various forums at the bottom of the page, I have to scroll ALL the way up to the top. Itís not like that in the Mudroom on the Discovery website. When Iím in the Mudroom I have it easy. The link back to the Mudroom is at both the top and the bottom of the page. That way, no matter where I am in the thread I can either scroll to the top or the bottom. See what Iím saying?

So, I guess my question is: why donít you have link at the top AND bottom of the threads? Donít you think it would be easier? Have you ever been reading through a long thread, want to get back to another forum, and found that you had to scroll all the way up? How did that make you feel?
    My suggestion is that a link is put both on the TOP and the BOTTOM so that loyal mrW posters can traverse the Water Cooler forums with ease.
    Thanks,
    kelby (from Denver)

This comment by kelby from the Ask Mike post in the Scrap Yard posed a suggestion and we wanted to make sure everyone knew the option already exists. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page there is the ďForum JumpĒ this option will take you to all parts of the Water Cooler - all you have to do is pick the forum.

You can also click on the mikeroweWORKS Water Cooler or Forum name at the top of the page to go travel where you would like to go.
    We hope this helps you maneuver around the mrW Water Cooler.
    Shari

If you scroll down when you enter a forum you will see:
    Thread Display Options
    There you can show set to see new threads -

Show threads from the...
    Last Day Last 2 Days Last Week Last 10 Days Last 2 Weeks Last Month Last 45 Days Last 2 Months Last 75 Days Last 100 Days Last Year Beginning Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.
    Sort threads by:
    Thread Title Last Post Time Thread Start Time Number of Replies Number of Views Thread Starter Thread Rating

Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.
    Order threads in...
    Ascending Order
    Descending Order

I hope this helps.

Default Auto Save

There is a Auto Save option ~ you may have noticed when you are typing a post in the lower right corner a little yellow box comes up and says "auto-saved". Now if you leave the thread or the forum by accident you can still post your content. In the lower left corner of this text box when you go to start a new reply or thread there is "Restore Auto-Saved Content". Click on it and your text should return.
    Stay up to date by following The Real Mike Rowe on Twitter @mikeroweworks
    and on Facebook

Auto Save -- Here is how:
    Quote Originally Posted by ModShari View Post
    There is a Auto Save option ~ you may have noticed when you are typing a post in the lower right corner a little yellow box comes up and says "auto-saved". Now if you leave the thread or the forum by accident you can still post your content. In the lower left corner of this text box when you go to start a new reply or thread there is "Restore Auto-Saved Content". Click on it and your text should return.

What happened to the blogs in the Scrap Yard? I'm being re-directed to Profoundly Disconnected when ever I click on the tab.

Gayle
    it's a marathon, not a sprint

It's not the first thing to quietly slip away in the night to resurface over there.

+ Reply to Thread